Author Topic: Trek Farley 6 Parking Lot Ride  (Read 4485 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Fatter Member
    • View Profile
    • Fatbike Forum
    • Email
Trek Farley 6 Parking Lot Ride
« on: December 29, 2014, 07:59:52 PM »
I found a Trek Farley 6 in Algonquin, IL at Cycling Republic. A cool guy named Brent set me up with a test ride of a 19" Farley. The Trek dealership in Downers Grove, IL was sold out on Farleys. Brent confirmed that he can not get anymore and there are no more pro-pricing deals for industry folks. :D

The Farley is a great looking bike. The Blue anodized Race Face cranks match the blue hubs and Trek logo / graphics. Compared to the Spe Fatboy I'd have to give Trek the hat tip there. The Farley fork is cool with the reinforced bridge but not as cool as the carbon Fatboy fork. That Fatboy fork is a pleasure to look at.

The 19" Farley felt a little longer in the top tube than the Fatboy. The 3.8" tires rolled fast. The bike seemed less monster truck than the Fatboy. Overall that is kind of a let down. I guess the inner redneck in me likes big meats.

The Farley is a beautiful bike but at this point I'm leaning toward the Fatboy.

I'll post some pics soon.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:12:17 PM by admin »

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Fatter Member
    • View Profile
    • Fatbike Forum
    • Email
Re: Trek Farley 6 Parking Lot Ride
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 08:13:34 PM »
The Bontrager Hodog is a nice 3.8" tire with snow groves in the knobs.

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Fatter Member
    • View Profile
    • Fatbike Forum
    • Email
Re: Trek Farley 6 Parking Lot Ride
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 08:18:55 PM »
I liked the XT spec dérailleur. (Thanks iphone for the French accent)

Alivio brakke levers (they were actually Avid DB1 according to website. shifters must have been alivio.) I could pass on. I liked the Tektros on the Specialized Fatboy more. I'm not too picky about drivetrain but brake levers I am very picky. I love the new SLX levers. Very small, short. They ruined me on other levers.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:08:40 AM by admin »