Author Topic: Dérailleur won't behave  (Read 3235 times)

B_left

• Skinny Member
    • View Profile
Dérailleur won't behave
« on: December 27, 2014, 03:21:31 PM »
Looking for some help with a sram x7 dérailleur on my 9zero7 Kahiltna (135mm slider I think they call it now). I've been struggling with this thing since I got the bike last winter. Basically I can't get this thing adjusted so that all the gears work properly. To get into my lowest gear, I have to crank up the cable tension so high that it struggles to drop to the next gear and then ultimately won't drop into the two smallest cogs. At the other end of the spectrum, if I adjust it so that the high and middle gears work well it won't shift onto the biggest cog. (Another issue is that the chain rubs against the frame in the highest gear.) The basic setup is correct; dérailleur is aligned, hanger is not bent, high and low limits are where they should be, b limit screw is also where it should be....just can't get this thing fine tuned. Anybody else have these issues? Advice? BTW, I set up the bike according to the folks at 9zero7, with two spacers on the drive side of the BB and one spacer on the non-drive side.

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Fatter Member
    • View Profile
    • Fatbike Forum
    • Email
Re: Dérailleur won't behave
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »
Hey B, welcome!

It sounds like you have covered everything I can recommend to check. Have you called your local shop or the manufacturer?

Hope someone can help you sort it.